Manufactured in 1952, the Drover was an Australian built aircraft based on the British DH104 Dove. The aircraft was developed in 1948 to meet Australian outback operating conditions. A total of twelve were built and a number, such as VH-FDC, saw service with the Royal Flying Doctor Service. VH-FDC was based at Broken Hill and was in use with the Royal Flying Doctor Service all its working life. The aircraft was replaced in 1970 and used for spares until acquired by the Museum and restored to its present condition. The Museum acquired the aircraft in a disassembled and very incomplete condition from Parafield in South Australia.
Engine: 3 x 180HP Lycoming 4 cylinder
Wingspan: 17.38m / 57’
Length: 11m / 36’2”
Performance: Cruising Speed 201km/h / 125mi/h
Capacity: Pilot and 7 passengers